Check out frequently asked questions about pet-friendly camping in Lake George, Lake George camping prices, reservations, seasonal sites, and more.
Plan your Lake George camping trip today!
What are your COVID-19 precautions?
As you prepare for your trip to Lake George Campsites, please know that we have implemented advanced cleaning and safety measures throughout the camp. These measures may be updated since your last visit and based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies.
High-traffic areas such as handrails, benches, tables, restrooms, door handles, and playground equipment are being cleaned frequently.
While visiting Lake George Campsites, please follow signage on guidance on travel direction and social distancing. These signs may be at building entrances, on the floor, or hanging overhead.
Following state guidance, we require anyone not fully vaccinated wear a mask while in the office. Face coverings may be removed while at your campsite.
Physical barriers may be present to prevent contact. Lake George Campsites enforces social distancing guidelines; please adhere to our employee’s request for adequate spacing guidance.
We may not be performing stay-over service for reservations that include housekeeping service. For additional service or requests, please contact the office.
What are the health acknowledgement guidelines?
For the health and safety of all our guests and employees, please refrain from traveling to our resort if you or a member of your party exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19.
Symptoms may include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
By visiting, you are confirming you and the members of your party have not experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14 days.
Camping Season & Holiday Periods
What is the camping season?
- Lake George Campsites is open May 1 – October 15, 2023.
What are the holiday periods?
- Memorial Day: May 24 – May 31, 2023
- Americade: May 29 – June 3, 2023
- 4th of July: June 28 – July 5, 2023
- Labor Day: August 30 – September 6, 2023
Note: Americade 2023 takes place a week earlier than normal.
When reserving during a holiday period, Lake George Campsites requires a three (3)-night minimum stay.
Holiday rates run the Wednesday prior to the holiday through the following Wednesday.
What are the on and off season dates?
- May 6 – 23, 2023, and September 14 – October 21, 2023 are considered off season.
- May 24 – September 6, 2023 is considered in-season.
Is Lake George Campsites pet-friendly?
Lake George Campsites is pet-friendly!
We welcome you and your trusty companions to visit us! Our pet rules are listed below:
- Proof of rabies/distemper vaccinations and any necessary paperwork to show shot history should be provided upon check in.
- There is a limit of two (2) pets per campsite, and no livestock or exotic animals are allowed.
- There are two (2) cabin rentals that are pet-friendly at Lake George Campsites, 1 and 18. Only one (1) pet is permitted per cabin.
- Visiting guests are not permitted to bring pets into the park.
- All pets must be leashed at all times on leashes no longer than six (6) feet, and be under control of the owner at all times. When leaving your site, please be sure pets are secured in your camping unit.
- Do not tie pets up or leave them unattended outside; absolutely no dog pens are permitted.
- Please dispose of pet droppings immediately.
- Pets are not permitted in any public buildings or in the pool area.
- Pets that are deemed a nuisance may be asked to leave the park.
- Lake George Campsites shall be held harmless no liability, implied or otherwise, for animal bites or injuries.
What can I do with my dog in Lake George?
There are many pet-friendly places in Lake George!
Check out tips for bringing your pet off the campground:
- Several dog-friendly Lake George restaurants allow pets on their patios in the summer. Please keep in mind policies can change; it’s always safest to check ahead with individual establishments.
- Pet-friendly restaurants in Lake George include: Bebob’s Backstreet BBQ, Christie’s on the Lake, The Garrison, King Neptune’s Pub, Lake George Barnsider Restaurant, Lake George Beach Club, MezzaLuna Restaurant, and SJ Garcia’s.
- “Dog Beach” in the Village is located between the steamboat company docks and Million Dollar Beach. Here you can let your dog off leash to frolic in the water and sand.
- The Lake George Recreation Center Dog Park is located at the end of Transfer Road. There is a large dog area and a small dog area.
- If hiking with your dog, please be safe, bring water and food, and continue to clean up after your pets. The DEC recommends not hiking with dogs in hot weather.
How close are you to the Village, and other towns?
Lake George Campsites is:
- 10 minutes from Lake George Village
- 10 minutes from downtown Glens Falls
- 25 minutes from Bolton Landing
- 25 minutes from Saratoga Springs
For nearby attractions and day-trip ideas, check out our list here!
Does the trolley stop at the campground or close by?
Firewood & Camp Store
Can I bring my own firewood?
Please help us keep our woods pristine and free of invasive species that can hitch a ride on firewood by following these guidelines:
- Firewood is available for purchase at the camp store, and complies with the DEC rules.
- Collecting of firewood on site is not permitted.
- Firewood brought onto the property may only be from within New York State and within 50 miles of the campground. You should be able to obtain a receipt/proof of purchase.
Do you have a camp store?
- We do have a camp store. We sell firewood, limited camping supplies, candy, soda, ice cream, ice, and small knick-knacks.
Do you own any other campgrounds?
How can I make a reservation?
Is there a deposit for a reservation?
- Reservations are paid in full at the time of booking.
What is included with the reservation?
- Camping prices include two (2) adults and two (2) children aged 17 and under; children age three (3) and under are free.
- One (1) camping unit per campsite.
- Two (2) vehicles per campsite. Additional vehicles are $3/day, space permitting.
- At the time of reservation, additional guests are $6/person, per day.
Do you offer any discounts?
- Group discounts are available if you are renting 10 sites or more. Please call 518.798.6218 if you would like to set up a group reservation.
- Discounts cannot be combined and must be mentioned at the time of the reservation.
- You must show proof of discount upon arrival to the office staff.
- We accept Passport America, Sunday – Thursday nights, and you receive 50% off the first night only (does not apply to holiday reservations). This can be applied to a stay of one (1) night.
- We offer a Heroes discount that applies to: active military, veterans, doctors, nurses, police officers, and firemen. You would receive 10% off your stay (does not apply to holiday reservations).
Click here for a list of our current promotions.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Refunds are prohibited due to: weather conditions, voluntary departures, acts of nature, or evictions.
- Month-long reservations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Holiday and special event reservations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For cancellations at least 48 hours in advance, payment will be held as a camping credit for one (1) year, less a $50 processing fee.
What is Assurance Cancellation Protection?
Assurance Cancellation Protection can be added to your reservation for 12% of the reservation cost.
- Assurance Cancellation Protection does not apply to reservations of 30 days or longer.
- For cancellations 48 hours or more before check in, the payment will be refunded less a $30 processing fee. For cancellations less than 48 hours before check in, payment will be forfeited.
- Holiday and special event reservations that are cancelled ten (10) or more days before check in will be eligible for a one-time change in dates within the current season. Refunds are not available for holiday and special event reservations.
Check In/Out & Guests
What are the check in/check out times?
Check in: 2pm
Check out: 11am
- All campers, guests, and visitors must register and pay at the office upon arrival.
- Early and late check out may be available. Please call 518.798.6218, or inquire with the office upon arrival.
- Hassle-free check in with an escort to your campsite is available upon request.
- To extend your stay, please notify the office by 10am.
How does late arrival check in work?
- If a campsite is available, campers may choose an early check in/late check out for an additional $20.
- When you arrive for late check in, please contact the phone number on the office door, and we will get you to your campsite.
- To ensure safety for our guests and staff, please check in prior to 8pm (we highly recommend you arrive before sunset).
- Please call David Fox at 518.391.8054 if you plan on arriving after office hours or if you have questions.
What are the office hours?
- The campground office hours are 9am to 6pm Sunday through Thursday, and 9am to 8pm Friday and Saturday.
Are guests allowed at the campsite?
- Daytime visitors are an additional $8 per person, per day (including children), when registering at the office.
- Overnight visitors are an additional $12 per person, per night (including children), when registering at the office.
- There is a $3/night upcharge per site for visitors on Friday and Saturday nights. (For example, if the rate is usually $40 per night, it would be $43 for Friday and Saturday nights.)
- Daytime guests must department by 10pm.
- Overnight guests must depart by 11am.
- Guests are allowed to stay for a maximum of 119 days, or approximately three (3) months.
Campsites & Seasonal Sites
Can I choose my campsite?
- We do our best to accommodate requests. With a short-term stay, if a site is requested, we will do our best to keep you on a specific campsite.
- Seasonal campsites are guaranteed as soon as you sign a contract and agree to all rules and regulations.
- We do not guarantee site number, but site types.
- We would be happy to set up a time to meet with you to tour the property. Please call us at 518.798.6218.
Do you have seasonal sites?
We do offer Lake George seasonal campsites!
- Lake George Campsites offers seasonal stays that run the entire season, as well as long-term stays (30 days or longer).
- We typically offer a Spring Special and Fall Special for longer stays – check out our promotions for current offers at the campground.
Do you offer full hookup sites?
We pride ourselves on being a top Lake George RV campground!
- As such, yes, we do have full hookup sites.
Do you exclude campers or trailers of a certain age?
- Camping units are preferably less than 10 years of age; this is typical for most RV campgrounds in Upstate NY.
- Older units may be approved by management.
- 10, 12, or 15 Year Rule: All new seasonals and the resale of any unit in the resort must conform under the 10, 12, or 15 Year Rule. The 10-year policy (in effect for most units) states that if your RV or park model is 10 years or older and there is a change of ownership, that units cannot remain in the resort.
- Additional questions on older campers? Please call 518.798.6218.
Do you have a dump station?
- Yes, we do have a dump station.
- If you are staying on the property as a camper, we do not charge a fee to use it.
- If you are not staying on the property as a camper, the cost is $15 to use the dump station.